So we've been hitched for almost 4 months now. It's hard when you're planning a huge event like a wedding to be able to realistically think about how these first few months in a marriage are really going to go. I really couldn't have wished for a husband more perfect for me than Jess. He's understanding, he keeps me from ever getting bored, he makes me dinner sometimes, he takes me for surprise trips to the beach, and he even gives me hugs and kisses the morning after an argument. What an amazing man I'm married to.
As for our living situation, we are in Jess' 1957 ranch-style house that he bought back in 2006. We currently have 3 roommates living with us and we're having a great time. One of our roommates, Arda, is an engineer who only sleeps here 3-4 nights/wk. His wife and children live in Eugene but he got a job in Portland and the family isn't able to move up here just yet, so he pays rent to crash here on work nights.
Justin is a very talented singer/songwriter. He and his girlfriend are constantly having shows around the Portland area. They even left for a one week tour of California today. He just finished recording his first album and is hoping to break out onto the music scene very soon. He's sure to be famous someday and Jess and I can't wait to say "we knew him when..."
Tracy is a friend of ours who actually lived here with Jess last summer. He's a student at Kansas State and is doing his 2nd summer internship at Oregon Department of Transportation. He's crashing in the basement and will hopefully be helping Jess with some home improvement projects this summer. He'll be leaving us in August though. Hopefully to return. He really is a very dear friend. He even flew out for the wedding.
Jess is still working at Group Mackenzie in the structural engineering department. He keeps gaining more and more responsibility as his time there continues. He just passed the 3 year mark last week. I am still working at OHSU. I'm a nurse's aide on the inpatient orthopedic floor working 4 days/wk including every-other weekend. I recently found out that I got into nursing school and will be starting that in January at Mt Hood Community College in Gresham. I will still be working 3-4 days/month on my floor once school starts. I'll be able to take the MAX to and from school and I'll be doing a 3rd year at OHSU to get my bachelor's degree while working my first year as an RN.
Jess and I are going to have our first little niece or nephew in November. We can't wait for Cam & Sarah's little one to arrive. I'm hoping my work schedule will allow me to head down for a few days around baby time.
Welp, I guess that's enough updating for now. I'll try to be better about posting more regularly.
RoadTrip Homeward - Houston to Portland
14 years ago
2 comments:
love the blog...good to get updates this way since we hardly see eachother anymore it seems. sounds like you guys are doing well. we have a blog now, too... check it out www.degrootduo.blogspot.com.
Also love your blog, Jess and Kellen! Thanks for sharing!
I've posted up the photo from Sunday as you can see on my blog.
Glad to see we are blog friends too. It's the cool thing. :)
Post a Comment