Thursday, March 24, 2011

Yup, Afton is a girl! The whole pregnancy until the last 2 weeks or so I've been convinced it was a boy. Then for some reason I started thinking it might be a girl. I had 2 friends and my mother-in-law switch their guesses in the last couple of weeks also. Jess has been sure it was a girl the whole time. He's 5 for 5 so far. He's correctly guessed the sexes of both of his siblings, both of our nieces and our daughter. He says he's gonna quit while he's ahead.

As soon as we found out we called our parents and siblings to let them know, then we headed to Target to buy something girlie. I found the onsie in the picture and had to have it. When I was a kid I had a nightgown that said "Some bunnies sleepin.'" My dad has called me Bunny or Bunbun ever since. The onsie says "Some bunny's sleepy." Too perfect.

We weren't even scheduled for an ultrasound today but my midwife was running late and I asked if they would do a gender check while we waited. The sonographer had some time so she did it for us. She also did one measurement that is something they use to check for downs syndrome. The measurement was normal. When she zoomed in on "the area" I blinked a few times and she looked at me and said, "there it is! Can you tell what it is?" I looked a bit closer and realized I was staring at a very definite girl.

Luckily the nursery is already painted a light yellow with a plumb/purple feature wall. No painting required. :) I got some mint green bedding at target and it looks great with the wall colors. I can't wait to start decorating. We have a bit longer to wait because our crib and rocking chair will be here in June when my parents move up. My brother and sister-in-law were amazing enough to give us a brand new crib and the rocker used to belong to my great-grandmother.

Alright, time to work on the registry. We're so excited for our little girl to come meet us! She is already so loved...

No comments: